Kid’s Ministry Leader (Hannibal Campus)
Job Description – April 2021
This position is located at our Hannibal location which ministers to 1,000 people every week. This role serves alongside the dynamic Hannibal campus team, as well as fellow ministry leaders from our other locations.
We are looking for inspiring candidates who lead with pastoral hearts, clear vision, and dedication to partnering with parents and guardians of our youth. The right candidate will have experience leading children and youth as well as Difference Makers (volunteers – we call them Difference Makers because we believe they make a difference), in both large and small group settings.
The best candidates will have no problem championing our mission, vision, and core values at The Crossing, because they believe in and resonate with them. They will be responsible for leading the weekend services and difference makers in a way that helps students come to know Jesus Christ. They will be gifted in leading, team development, and managing and initiating growth.
- Discipling Kids – This position will oversee the weekend experience, and overall execution of children’s/youth ministry programming at the Hannibal location designed to introduce kids to intimate, personal relationships with Jesus and disciple them in their walks with Him.
- Develop People – This position recruits, trains, and develops Difference Makers to impact the lives of children involved in our kids ministry at The Crossing.
- Team Development – Teams are essential to everything we do at The Crossing. This kids director will be responsible for the Difference Maker team at the Hannibal location, contribute to the overall effectiveness of the staff team at that location, and regularly collaborate with the multicampus children’s and youth ministry teams for multisite events and camps.
The best candidate will:
- Have an intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Naturally align with The Crossing’s Core Values, Doctrine, and Unity Statements.
- Have some level of theological foundation, and a willingness to pursue additional study as needed.
- Demonstrate comfort in public speaking.
- Show great attention to detail.
- Embrace collaborative creativity in whole church event planning.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Have some experience with 252 Kids Curriculum, XP3 Middle School Curriculum, ProPresenter 6, and Planning Center Online.